Tuesday, 22 April 2008
On a wild and windy day at the beach, a woman found an ancient lamp. As soon as she picked it up a genie appeared.
"I am the Genie of the Lamp, yada-yada-yada. I'm sure you know how this goes, lady. What I have to tell you though is, due to downsizing and cutbacks, you only get one wish - not three - so make it a good one!"
"Well, goodness, that isn't difficult. I wish for peace in the Middle East."
"Peace in the Middle East?" the Genie responded incredulously.
With that, the woman drew a rough map in the sand with a stick.
"I want these countries to stop fighting and live in Peace with their neighbors."
"Hey Lady," explained the genie, "These people have been fightning for thousands of years. I'm good but not that good. You'll have to make another wish."
Thinking it over for a bit, the woman brightened and said, "Well, I've never been able to find Mr. Right. I want a man who isn't obsessed with sports, who can express emotion, who pays no attention to other women and who doesn't mind helping with household chores."
The Genie gave her a blank stare for a minute and then said, "Let me see that map again."
Its so easy to fall in love. But its so difficult to forget him. Why is it always like that. Why?Labels: jokes, life, rants